Sleep is the foundation of health.
Have you ever thought about the fact that we spend a third of our lives sleeping?
There are over 80 sleep disorders that we know of. Let’s talk about these disorders.
- Sleep apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
Tips and tricks for sleeping well:
- Give yourself 20 minutes to fall asleep
- Do things that relax you before going to bed
- Sleep in a calm, cool and dark room
- Most importantly, avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco
- Avoid taking naps
- Wake up at the same time every morning
- Do some light physical exercise in the evening
- Avoid sleeping for too long
- Always follow the same schedule before going to sleep
A chamomile tea and comforting mug of hot milk are essential. Enjoy your drink quietly, pamper yourself and enjoy a night of restful sleep.
Source: 2004 Canadian Sleep Society